Oakland County Welfare Rights Organization
- Contact info
- 132 Franklin, Suite 202
- Pontiac, MI 48341
- Phone: (248) 334-8117
- Fax: (248) 474-4029
- Contact: Kathy Slay (formerly Marguerite Kowaleski)
- Monday - Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
CLIENT ELIGIBILITY: Low income.
SERVICES PROVIDED: Advocacy related to problems with welfare programs, monthly newsletter, and tax refund forms done for members. Newsletter available to members and organizations.
CLIENT FEES: Membership fee - $5 per year for low-income people and $15 for the newsletter subscription for individuals (not low-income) or organizations.
INTAKE PROCEDURES: Phone or come into the office.
FUNDED BY: Membership fees, support from Friends of OCWRO, individual, church, and organization contributions.
- Help and hype
- Stop the Cuts, Invest in Women; Our Futures Depend on It
- Detroit Welfare Rights Organization Demands Bread and Justice
- League of Women Voters Protect Programs for Human Needs
- Ironwood Daily Globe (Newspaper) (February 7, 1989)
- Detroit Free Press Letters: No way to treat seniors, poor